When you build a workout around the terrifying moments of everyday life, you get fit fast AF.
Did your life start getting more stressful in the early morning hours of Nov. 9, 2016?
And do you, like many of us, treat your anxiety with the medical treatment known as stress eating?
You are not alone.
Look, there's NO SHAME in availing yourself of the medicinal properties of takeout. But it turns out that stress eating doesn't usually provide anything more lasting than a fleeting comfort. And, depending on your health and fitness goals, it could start to cause its own stress.
That's why BuzzFeed Health rounded up some alternative ways to burn off that stress when you feel yourself vibrating with anxiety, fear, and worry.
People / Cosmopolitan / Washington Post
2. Do 20 squats a day until all the empty offices in the current administration are filled.
3. Every time you hear the word "Russia," do 30 jumping jacks.
4. For every time Trump tweets between midnight and 5 a.m., run in place for 60 seconds.
5. For each additional day that the contents of the health care bill remain secret, do 10 lunges.
7. Every time you seriously consider putting together a go bag and building a panic room/bunker/etc., do one minute of bicycle kicks.
8. Each time the president says (or tweets) "win," "winning," or "loser," do 5 jump squats.
9. Any time the travel ban is mentioned, do 20 crunches.
10. Any time an official comes up with an alternative way to describe the travel ban, do 15 sit-ups.