And according a source close to production, there is currently no criminal investigation of the sexual misconduct that cause the show to shut down.

News broke on Sunday that ABC's Bachelor in Paradise was shut down due to a reported incident of sexual misconduct between contestants DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios. A Daily Mail story on Tuesday said that it was being treated as a criminal investigation, but a source close to production said that was false.

News broke on Sunday that ABC's Bachelor in Paradise was shut down due to a reported incident of sexual misconduct between contestants DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios. A Daily Mail story on Tuesday said that it was being treated as a criminal investigation, but a source close to production said that was false.

ABC

Good Morning America reported the news of the production shutdown on Tuesday morning, and included an exclusive statement from Bachelor in Paradise host Chris Harrison.

Good Morning America reported the news of the production shutdown on Tuesday morning, and included an exclusive statement from Bachelor in Paradise host Chris Harrison.

Rick Rowell / Via Getty Images

Harrison wanted to clear up "misinformation," he wrote. Without specifics, he refuted reports that the crew had been negligent.

Harrison wanted to clear up "misinformation," he wrote. Without specifics, he refuted reports that the crew had been negligent.

"Let me start by saying the safety and care of the cast and crew of our show is of the utmost importance to us. It is with this thought in mind that we made the decision to suspend filming," Harrison's statement read.

Rick Rowell / Getty Images

Harrison confirmed that Warner Bros. is conducting the investigation into the alleged misconduct. But he rebutted the assumption that the show — which sent all of its contestants home from Mexico on Sunday — is canceled for the season. It is scheduled to premiere on Aug. 8.

Harrison confirmed that Warner Bros. is conducting the investigation into the alleged misconduct. But he rebutted the assumption that the show — which sent all of its contestants home from Mexico on Sunday — is canceled for the season. It is scheduled to premiere on Aug. 8.

"They're moving quickly to gather all the facts, and once that's done a clear concise decision can be made about where we go from here," he wrote.

ABC


View Entire List ›


SHARE
Previous articleTerminally Ill Australians Will Have Fast-Tracked Access To Medicinal Cannabis
Next articleThese Nurses Are Holding Graduation Ceremonies For Babies Leaving The NICU