Let’s get wet!
1. When the person behind you leaves four seconds after you instead of five.
2. Or even worse, if they leave three seconds behind you.
3. When the person in the lane next to you leaves early.
4. When there's a set on a weird interval like :25 or :35, so you have to do a lot of complicated math in your head.
5. When someone in your lane sprints the warm up.
6. When you hit your hand on someone in the lane next to you.
7. When you get stuck in a wall lane for practice.
8. Or even worse, when you get moved into a wall lane after being in a middle lane.
9. When you dive in and your goggles come off.
10. Or when you dive in and your goggles have flooded/leaked but not completely come off (this might be even worse).
11. When you hit your hand on the lane line.
12. When the person swimming behind you in practice is riding your ass, but doesn't want to lead the lane.
13. Or when you're behind someone in practice and you're basically touching their feet, but they won't get out of the way.
14. Chlorine hair.
15. Chlorine skin.
16. Goggle tans.
17. Weird swimsuit tans.
18. When your cap rips.
19. When your goggles won't stop fogging up no matter what you do.
20. Trying to put on a tech suit.
21. When you get up to the blocks for a race, and there's someone REALLY fast next to you and you know you're fucked.
22. Or worse, when you see someone and you're like "Oh, I'll lap them" but they end up being sneaky fast and beating you.
23. When you're at a meet and there's a million heats of the distance events and you feel like you're getting wrinkles you've been there that long.
24. The 400 IM.
25. The fourth 25 of a 100 fly...
26. ...and the fourth 50 of a 200 fly.
27. The 200 fly in long course meters.
28. Actually, just long course meters in general.