Do NOT read on lunch.
This succulent nail art that you kinda don't wanna look at, but you kinda do.
@arozona / Via instagram.com
These real finger nails that were the longest in the world EVER!
Jemal Countess / WireImage
These fingers that contracted herpes.
Kristina Preston got the virus in 1998 when she went to a local nail salon in Aurora, Colorado, according to ABC News. When she left the salon, her thumb cuticles "were burning and wouldn't stop," and two days laters, blisters started forming and had spread to all 10 fingers. Two doctors reports confirmed that the infection was herpes. In addition, Preston suffered "upper respiratory sicknesses, pneumonia, bronchitis, strep, ear infections, and was constantly fatigued." She won a jury award of $3.1 million against the salon.
*The photo above is an image of herpetic fingers (the medical term is herpetic whitlow) from the CDC.